I use a variety of tools such as Diigo, and Google Workspace for Education on a regular basis. Busy exploring many other “EdTech tools” to help myself and others leverage their power to do what was not as easily possible before.
Roles in Education (37 years as an educator/learner):
- Classroom Teacher,
- Head of Department,
- Faculty EdTech PD support & training,
- Google Certified Educator Level 1 & 2
- Google for Education Certified Trainer
- SMART Certified Educational Trainer (currently updating my certification)
- Certified SMART Notebook 11 & Notebook 14 Trainer
Sharing Spaces and Educational Technology Resources:
Social Media Profiles:
Honors & Awards
St. John’s-Ravenscourt School Distinguished Service Award
June 2019 St. John’s Ravenscourt School Board of Governors
The DSA recognizes individuals or groups who have made a significant contribution to SJR. These nominees are well known and respected in the SJR community for their leadership and exceptional achievement in furthering the Vision, Mission, and Values of the School. It is awarded upon or after the final year of service.
Manitoba Association for Computing Educators Honourary Lifetime Member Award
Jun 2017 ManACE Board of Directors
The Honourary Lifetime Member Award is awarded to those who have demonstrated a contribution in the use of technology in education over an extended period of time and have been a member of ManACE.
This award is limited to one recipient per year.
These criteria must be demonstrated over an extended period of time:
- integrating the use of technology in his/her teaching environment,
- contributing to the wider use of technology in education,
- that he/she makes practical and creative uses of technology,
- demonstrates a high level of dedication to his/her students or students of the division and to the teaching profession,
- is a role model/mentor in the use of technology in education,